Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fried Crickets and Fried Bologna (Baloney)

So I'm really getting into this blogging thing.  Today I thought we would do a homeschool science project.  Capture live crickets for frying or roasting.  I understand we must keep them alive (for up to a week in the fridge) and cook them alive.  Just like a lobster must be cooked alive.  And they sure turn out yummy.  What prompted this particular project is that our house and yard are full of crickets.  The farm cats and dog keep the yard controlled by snacking all day, but our indoor domestic cats, not so much.  So we'll begin our cricket project in the house.  Crickets are a great source of protein and is a common snack in many countries.  This will be living off the land!

As I began this my hubby came in and asked if I would like some fried baloney and eggs.  I said yes.  And it has arrived with a "dollup" of mayo.  What is a "dollup" you ask?  Just the right amount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment