Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ten Weeks And Counting

Now I never was a fan of camping.....always said my closest thing to camping is staying in a hotel.  My family of four has now been staying in a 10'x20' camphouse on our new country location for 10 weeks.  That's 10 weeks of not being in my own bed.  No kitchen.  For awhile we were washing dishes with the water hose and had our washing machine hooked up outside to a water hose and hanging laundry on the line.  Our living space is outdoors except where we sleep and use toilet facilities.  But you know, surprising as it is, we are really enjoying the experience.  Along with the hard work of readying our property and renovating the house and all of the inconveniences we are growing closer to each other, closer to God, and certainly are getting in better physical shape.  Look for the hidden jewels of life.  As we begin our 11th week we will continue to forge on with the renovation hoping to get in the house before bad weather. And we will continue searching for a church home to worship, grow, and serve, and continue seeking other homeschool families in the area.  Oh and I really found great pleasure in hanging my laundry on the line!  Reminiscent of my childhood and grandmothers.  There is always joy to be found in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment