Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Feet

We have found that we need to outfit ourselves properly for our new Texas country environment.  The outer, under, and foot wear we have were perfect for the Colorado city summers and winters with snow, but not so much here.  Let's consider the foot wear - I have definitely found mine inappropriate.  Who knew my birkies wouldn't serve me well here?  They are my favorite shoe.  So supportive and comfortable.  We've been besties for a long time now.  My closet - or currently, unpacked, stored boxes - contains many versions of birkies.  In the Summer here they were fine -  except when working on the farm.  And now that cold, wet weather has arrived they are useless.  And the same goes for Crocs.  Yes, Crocs.  Catkid loves his Crocs.  He refuses to give them up.  And they are okay for the wet, but not the wet cold.  Anyway, I've begun my search for proper "on the farm" footwear for the family.  Recently I was introduced to muck boots.  They are for working in the muck.  And since much of our place has turned into muck with all of the recent rain, I'm very interested.  Apparently there are also the locally popular snake boots.  Maybe we should wear those out in the pasture?  Then there are riding and roping boots.  I'm not planning on doing any of that.  Work boots.  Yes, I'll work out here.  Steel toed boots - probably not.  Western boots I won't need.  Oh, my.  You know the saying - if Mom's not happy, nobody's happy.  Well, Mom's not happy unless her, and her family's feet are happy.  I'm on a quest for happy feet all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment