Monday, June 4, 2012

Bathtub Gin? Bath Oils?



You've heard of bathtub gin?  Well we are doing bathtub herbs!  Yes, we've planted herbs in old bathtubs found on our property (they were once used for livestock troughs) and they are doing well.  So well as a matter of fact I decided to try my hand at Basil Walnut Pesto, Basil Garlic Infused Olive Oil, Rosemary Basil Infused Olive Oil, and Rosemary Crushed Red Pepper Infused Olive Oil.  Used my own basil, garlic, and rosemary!  It's fun being creative.  Hey, guess you could call them "bath oils" - ha ha!  And I've only just begun.  Our bathtubs are also growing cilantro, sage, tarragon, dill, and we have chocolate mint, sweet mint, parsley, and lemon balm.  I've already made some great dishes using our cilantro - so much so that it is almost all gone - so I planted another round.  My wish is that we can keep these herbs going year 'round - we'll see.  We're thinking of making little "tractor tents" to simulate a greenhouse effect for cold weather.  Big dreams.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment