Monday, July 2, 2012

Just Call Me "Pickles"



Do you recall one of the best ever comedies in the history of TV?  Next to "I Love Lucy", of course, was "The Dick Van Dyke Show".  Well on that show, which we continue to enjoy in re-runs, was Buddy's wife, Pickles.  After this weekend Ricky says he will be calling me "Pickles".  I went into the kitchen to try my hand at making dill pickles from our cucumbers we are harvesting from our first garden.  Enjoying the creativity of it - adding whatever spices (garlic, onion, black peppercorns, red pepper flakes, dill, and so much more) you please - I decided also to pickle okra, then jalapeno peppers, then a jalapeno-banana-cherry pepper combination, and then - and why not - green tomatoes.  I couldn't stop.  I was getting addicted to the act of creating pickles!  What's next?  Pickled squash?  Pickled watermelon rind?  Pickled eggs?  Hummmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment