Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Armadillo By Morning

You know you're in Texas when you see armadillo roadkill.  You know you're living out in Texas country when you find a newly dead armadillo in your front yard with your dogs sitting proudly beside it.  Yes, I heard a now familiar commotion involving Marmaduke and McGillicuddy this morning.  I thought they must have more hawks up the tree in the front.  So I step out on the porch to investigate and there right off the porch were the dogs checking out their prize - Texas roadkill - or a large nine band armadillo.  Little Ricky got a stick and checked it out - he has never seen an armadillo up close (only live road crossings or dead as roadkill).  Score for today's homeschool lesson!  They are very interesting looking creatures.  Of course, this dead critter brings about more unwanted creatures flying circles around the house - yes, the vultures.  Although I probably should remove it for that reason alone, I think I'll wait for Ricky to come home and let him remove the critter from the yard - I'm just not THAT country yet - but, stay tuned.
     WARNING:  The photos below are not for the squeamish or faint of heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment