Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kittens, Garlic, Vultures, and Salsa

What a busy life this simple life can be!  Just today we have witnessed our dogs protecting the chickens and us all from vultures perched up high in a large oak tree - yes, two very large vultures.  A few days ago it was a couple of large hawks.  When our dogs go into protect mode it is really a sight to see!  Also, today we discovered one of our farm cats had it's kittens in a box in the shed, so Little Ricky has volunteered to sit and protect the kittens from the dogs.  Yesterday we were blessed with a lot of tomatoes and onions and today I am making salsa.  And Little Ricky took time out from his kitten protection post to harvest our Fall garlic, some of which I will incorporate into the salsa.  Oh, and I am answering questions and monitoring my Ebay sales which I began last week of some of my more collectible collectibles that I've decided there is no space for here in our old farm house.  So why I am taking the time to blog?  Who knows.  It's my entertainment and therapy!  Back to my simple life - fixin' (that's a verb in Texan) to google "how to harvest garlic".  And for honorable mention - the dogs got "skunked" again yesterday, but thankfully the skunk didn't come near the camphouse.  We just have to endure the odor on the dogs for a few days.  Gotta love the country life!

No comments:

Post a Comment