Monday, April 16, 2012

The Thunder Rolls and the Lightning Strikes

A first for me.  Last night it began to rain and I've learned to check the "weather" online to see what we may have in store.  This area has a lot of severe storms and we are in the "tornado alley", although fortunately at the lower end of it.  Just a couple of weeks ago we were under a tornado warning with several being sited just a couple of miles from here.  The four of us hunkered down in the main house kitchen praying and waiting for it to pass.  So last night I checked online and it simply said "light rain".  Ricky and I were in the camphouse - remind you it is a 10x12 metal box, basically.  We were getting ready to settle in after having been out of town most of the day.  The rains got heavier and the thunder started rolling and clapping.  I thought to myself this doesn't sound like "light rain".  So I sat back down at the computer which is next to the window to check for any updates.  In a flash, pun intended, sparks flew and I felt a stinging sensation and a LOUD clap in my ears and the LOUDEST boom and my body automatically jumped and screamed!!!!  I was stunned, literally.  After the initial "shock" Ricky and I ran to the main house through the storm.  Little Ricky and Fred were freaked out in the main house and Fred said he saw the lightning strike out the window and he had seen sparks in the main house as well!   Ricky calculated that the lightening had struck out in our pasture amongst the tall trees about 150 feet from the house.  It was the first time in my life lightning had physically affected me!  I am so grateful for God's grace and protection!!  I seem to be okay today  - guess my batteries needed charging!

No comments:

Post a Comment