Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Garlic and Pork Neckbones

Today Youngest who wants to be called "Catboy" and I were able to plant five varieties of garlic.  Since we haven't had to time to prepare a garden plot I used large containers which I've been told work just fine.  They are all out in a sunny spot. Now we get to have a garlic tasting to enjoy the garlic left from the bulbs.  Four of the five varieties were from a creole/cajun mix.  Which will work just fine with the pork neckbones I purchased at the local grocery for .79 cents a pound.  The locals with which I discussed the neckbones with all agree that if you simmer for a couple hours in a dutch oven with spices of your liking they are delish!  And for a bonus our oversize puppy will enjoy the bones!  What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment