Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me

Okay, now I'm a fairly clean person, I think.  I mean, I'm not anal or anything, but I like clean and decluttered spaces.  Well, we'll talk clutter later.  I'm beginning to feel icky.  Flies everywhere in the camphouse.  Just swatted and killed, yes I kill flies, six in about thirty seconds.  I actually noticed a graveyard beginning to form  on the floor.  And they BuG me so. And they occasionally BiTE.  I just don't want to take it anymore.  It is an exceptionally still, warm, humid, rainy, and nature-ally quiet day and the flies seem to multiply in this climate.  But we've had trouble from them for a while.  We got our first ever flypaper earlier.  They seem to avoid it.  They are everywhere but on the flypaper.  MaDdEninG!   Heard that if you eat more garlic they stay away.  We already eat LOTS of garlic.  I've read that mint or peppermint oil will repel them.  Will give that a try next.  Also read something about keeping a duck on the farm.  Hubby said he saw about half a dozen ducks down on the pond after the rain.  But I assume we need a farm duck for around the house to control flies in the yard.  I have much to learn about living in the country.  Will talk to some people.  For now, I'm a'shooin' and a'swattin' and a'sweepin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment