Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Best Laid Plans - Fifteen Weeks

Okay, so we had our "plan".  Our plan was that Hubby would work from home doing his design and engineering and we would renovate the farm house and upstart a small farm at the same time.  But today Hubby started a job in town.  When he wasn't even looking he was offered a job!  And it is one he will enjoy with like-minded folks!  Who knew?  Now I am certainly grateful for his job, which is a miracle in itself in this economy- but I find myself wondering how I am going to get into a livable house anytime soon.  It has now been fifteen weeks in the camphouse and counting.  When will I be in my own bed?  Have a working kitchen?  Build the rabbit hutch, the chicken coop?  Prep the soil for planting?  And SO much more.  I must say I am feeling incapable, discouraged, and concerned regarding these many things.  Then I remember His Word and His promises. "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."  "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."  "I lift up my eyes to the mountain - where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD,  the Maker of heaven and earth."  And once again, I rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment