Saturday, November 26, 2011

Oh, Deer.

Warning.  This may be offensive to some.  I was party to the killing of a deer.  I did not shoot it.  But, I did encourage the hunt and when some of us women folk saw the men walking back to the house with the deer slung over a set of shoulders, like a woman would wear a mink stole, I cheered and ran out to greet them.  Yes.  I did.  And as they were dressing the deer outside that cold wet foggy late afternoon into cold bonechilling dark evening I took Catkid out for a "science" class. (We find many everyday opportunities to learn here.)  Later we were blessed with some of the venison and we are planning to make deer jerky with our dehydrator.  We've made beef jerky from a most excellent beef * before which turn out five star, so we'll see.

The country life is different indeed.  And we are really lovin' it!

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  I Thessalonians 5:18

* http://www.docscows.com/

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog today and enjoyed reading every post. Best wishes that you get in your house before cold weather (and from the temps this morning that may be sooner than later.) Keep up the good work, and seems that you are enjoying your new life in the country.

    ReplyDelete