Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blooming Blessings




With the warm weather here for a while now daily I am surprised with new blooms around our home in the yard and pasture.  The yard around the house hasn't been tended in years and the result is an array of many blooming flowers and wildflowers.  Yes!   We have our own lovely meadows full of wildflowers!  Other areas remind me of an English garden (although I've never been to England, so what do I know?).  I don't know the identity of  many of these blooming plants but it doesn't matter - I don't have to know what they are to enjoy their beauty.  If you see a bloom here that you recognize let me know - I'm all about learning.  We also have several flowering trees around our home.  I'm thinking they may be plum trees which will be wonderful for making plum jam - which is another thing I will learn - along with fig preserves from our recently planted fig tree.  Since the move here our family has seen God's hand and blessing constantly in our life and the blooms seem to remind us that he loves us and wants to give us all good things.  We reap what we sow, I know, but God's grace has surrounded us in loveliness freely without the toil of sewing.  It was here waiting for us to enjoy!  Now, since I haven't seen any veggies popping up anywhere (although we do have wild onions and chives which I have foraged - but that's another post) today we plan to plant a variety of peppers, brussel sprouts, and lettuces in our vegetable garden if it is dry enough from the weekend rains.  And today we'll plant the replacement for the blueberry bush the dogs dug up!







Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;  1Timothy 6:17 KJV

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your flower pictures. Those chairs look like a good place to enjoy some iced tea!!

    ReplyDelete