Friday, August 3, 2012

...In A Pear Tree

We have discovered here in the country that if you are willing to put in some effort and hard work you can also enjoy some of the wonderful delectable delights of life for free!  First we were blessed to be able to harvest figs and create some sweet and yummy fig preserves.  Then recently we were invited to pick pears at a friend's and I must say I created some perfectly pleasing pear preserves - my first!  I have since been receiving rave reviews from those who have tasted them.  As a matter of fact we were told one's grandmother took to eating them from the jar with a spoon!  Which gives me such a sense of accomplishment.  I put up nineteen jars of pear preserves!!!  Who knew?  What I am learning and enjoying is that with the preserves, pickles, relishes, and more that I'm "putting up" it is art just like any other cooking.  Creating my own mix of ingredients and making a unique product!  And we have been told there are more pears to be had - so, we'll be back!  I'm thinking canned whole pears, pear sauce, pear relish.......hmmmmmm.  And, do I dare enter the County Fair with my pears?





No comments:

Post a Comment